Thursday, January 26, 2012

UFO # 14

Number 14 is a smocking project.  I always wanted to learn how to smock, and even tried doing a coupld of childs smocked dresses (many years ago) using gingham.  Done by hand - not run through a pleater.  It was a labor of love for my nieces.  WHEW - Lot's of love.   It was very time consuming.
Now - I have a pleater of my own (intimidating for sure - don't want to break a needle because I only have one or two extras)...
My friend JJ is sharing her knowledge with me and helping me along the smocking path.
This is a pattern from an Australian book called Bluebird.  I JUST LOVE Bluebirds!  I have some of those blown blue glass birds in my home called the Bluebird of Happiness and since I am a "Byrd" it fits me nicely.
This will go into my Grandmothers Hopechest! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment